1) Trail running addict – started in 2012 after a hiatus and has since done long runs both in Hong Kong and abroad (Europe). Did CCC last year and going to do TDS this year.
2) But, best known to me as the guy who ran HK100 in 2015 with a sign board on him that said “please overtake with care. my ribs are busted. please, don’t hit my left side”
3) Our OTW mule for 2014
Before we get into specifics of his CCC/TDS training routine, a couple of quick questions for Milos so we get to know him better:
1) What is Milos’ favorite trail in Hong Kong and why? Also, what’s his favorite race in Hong Kong? What’s his favorite race overseas and why?
2) What in Milos’ view is his best accomplishment in the field of ultra running?
3) Does Milos have role models in the field of running? Who are they and why?
Humble beginnings including time scale:
“Before we listen to somebody we want to know who they are”
1) We touched upon his story briefly but want to hear it from Milos himself. Take us back to the beginning. What is his story? When/why did he get into running?
2) He took a break and then came back at it in 2012 (http://hongkongtrailruns.com/my-races/) He has been running ever since
Physical training for the CCC
Tell us about CCC last year. What is the course like? What made you do CCC and why CCC?
1) Talk to us about your training program for the CCC. When did you start to train?
2) What were the challenges of training in Hong Kong for CCC?
3) Having done the CCC, is there anything different you would do now in terms of training for the CCC? What advice would you give new CCC “attempters” ?
4) What about TDS? How is the course different and how is he training for it?
Mental training for the CCC
1) Milos did the HK100 with busted ribs. Where does the mental strength come from? What makes him mentally tough?
2) What does he tell himself when the going gets tough?
Nutrition and gear
1) Did Milos get himself a nutrition coach at the very beginning? How did he learn about nutrition and how did the nutrition journey evolve along the way for CCC/TDS?
2) What about his gear? What did he have for CCC and what will he have for TDS?
Philosophy on medicine and alcohol
1) Would he take medicines? When/where does he draw the line?
2) He started the “no alcohol” commitment in HK. John followed. So did Steven. Why is his philosophy on alcohol?
1) What are his goals for 2015 and beyond?
Parting words of wisdom:
1) Mantra or motto or creed that Milos lives by (either in his running or his life)
To subscribe to this podcast, please go to iTunes and search for The Hong Kong Trail Rockers Podcast (https://itunes.apple.com/hk/podcast/hong-kong-trail-rockers-podcast!/id994423166).
Music: A big “thank you” to http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music