We continue to talk to Shane Early from Lantau Base Camp. In this podcast, we will cover the following:
Career as a Race Director:
1) Does Shane enjoy running races or organizing races?
2) What are the difficulties of organizing a race in HK?
3) What are some of the races organized by LBC? Which one is most popular according to Shane?
1) Does he believe in taking medicines? If so, when and how? Has he taken medicines before during a race in order to finish the race?
2) What’s his belief on alcohol and how it effects racing?
3) What does he think about DNF-ing? He DNFed Translantau 100 in 2015. How did he feel after the DNF?
1) If he could not run, what else would he do?
2) Was doing a 100 miler (HK 168) something he needed to do to prove something?
3) Does he have any strategies for mental training?
As far as running is concerned what are his goals for 2015?
For beginners getting into 100km+ running, what kind of advice does he have?
Lantau Base Camp:
Tell us about LBC. What is different about LBC compared to other hiking shops in HK?
Parting words of wisdom:
1) #1 key to success:
2) What is the creed he lives by?
3) Book recommendations:
Best place to reach Shane
To subscribe to this podcast, please go to iTunes and search for The Hong Kong Trail Rockers Podcast (https://itunes.apple.com/hk/podcast/hong-kong-trail-rockers-podcast!/id994423166).
Music: A big “thank you” to http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music